The IELTS writing test is for 60 minutes. There are 2 tasks. Here are few tips that will be helpful during the test:
- You may write your answers in pencil or pen.
- Pay attention to the number of words required for each task. You will lose marks if you do not write at least 150 words for Task 1 and at least 250 words for Task 2.
- You should spend approximately 20 minutes on Task 1 and approximately 40 minutes on Task 2.
- You must write your answers in full; answers written in note form or in bullet points will lose marks.
- Pay attention to spelling, grammar and punctuation; you will lose marks for mistakes.
- You may write your answers entirely in capitals if you wish.
- You may make notes on the question paper but nothing you write on the question paper will be marked.
Are you worried about the writing section? Talk to one of our IELTs expert at http://aspireglobaledu.com and get the winning advice. We are result driven training academy and follow highly effective teaching pedagogy.