Getting your results
Your Test Report Form will be available 13 days after you complete the test. You will receive one copy of the form, or two copies if you are applying to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). You can arrange for your test centre to post this to you, or you can pick it up in person.
Viewing your results online
Your results will also be available to view online for 28 days. (This should not be used as an official confirmation of your performance).
Your IELTS test centre will provide you with a link to your results or you can view them via one of these websites:
- British Council network of test centres
- IDP IELTS Australia network of test centres
- IELTS USA network of test centres
You will need your passport or ID number (the same number you used when you registered for the test) and your candidate number.
If you have any questions or problems, contact your test centre.
Sending results to nominated organisations
When you book your test, you can nominate up to five organisations to be sent your IELTS test results on your behalf. This service is free of charge. Results can be sent to further nominated organisations for a small administration fee.
If your centre has closed, you can ask for your IELTS result to be sent to your nominated organisations by organisations (by filling in the Application for additional TRFs (from closed centres) form. This service is available for up to two years from the date of your IELTS test.
Adding your IELTS Overall Band Score on LinkedIn
Your IELTS score is a trusted indicator of your language skills and something you can proudly showcase to potential employers around the world.
Stand out from the crowd by adding your IELTS Overall Band Score to your LinkedIn profile.
Here are some reasons to do this:
- You can demonstrate to employers you have taken the world’s most trusted test, so your score is an accurate representation of your ability to communicate where English is primary mode of communication.
- When you add your IELTS score to your profile, it will be posted on your LinkedIn feed so all your connections can see your achievement.
- With a complete LinkedIn profile you are more likely to be discovered by recruiters.
Your scores explained
Our test takers have told us that they would like to understand their results better, as well as receive tips on how they can improve their skills at each band score.
When you log in to check your result using our IELTS Online Results portals using the link provided by your test centre, you will now see a table with an explanation of your scores, and advice for improvement. This will be available to view, alongside your online results, for 28 days.